Genre: Action MMORPG
Release Date: 2009
Developer: Cyanide Studios
ESRB Rating: RP
Closed Beta1: January 22nd, 2010
Release Date: March 19th, 2010
Dungeon Bandits, the North American and Australian counterpart to Europe’s Dungeon Party, will be published by PlayEnvy, a service of Nvinium Games. Scheduled to release in March of 2010, PlayEnvy is introducing new, more dynamic content to a game that has already been enjoyed by thousands of European gamers.
Dungeon Bandits is a fast paced dungeon crawler that allows teams of up to 5 players to compete against other teams for the right to the dungeon’s treasure. Players must fight their way past challenging monsters , bosses, traps and face off against the opposing team in order to claim victory in a game that highly dependent on skillful strategy.
The game operates as an instanced dungeon that is entered through a lobby style set up. You can either join existing instances, or you can form your own. Instance leaders set the overall terms of the matches, such as; how many players will compete, what type of map, how many matches, how many treasures it contains, and several other factors. Great support, fun events and ongoing game improvements makes Dungeon Bandits a fun and rewarding experience for anyone.
- Improved Character Control: PlayEnvy has introduced keyboard movement controls for characters, in addition to the previous movement by point and click.
- New Camera Control: Dungeon Bandits will allow players more camera control, which includes the ability to rotate 360 degrees around the character. Up close 3rd person perspective is also now possible, allowing players to get into the feel of combat like never before.
- Guild System: Players may form small guilds called Noob Herds which allow players to easily for tournament games and compete for herd rankings.
- 7 Playable Characters: Wizard, Thief, Executioner, Bard, Amazon, Horsewoman, and Engineer.
- Customization: Characters are easily customized to the player’s personality through loads of well designed costumes, armor, weapons, accessories, and facial features. Players can build a truly unique character.
- Useful skill sets: 13 skills from 3 schools can be earned for each character, all of which are highly useful in combat. Characters use up to 5 skills in a given match, this allows strategic combination potential as not all players in the same call will be fighting with identical skill set ups.
- Mini Challenges: In addition to the already fast action combat of the dungeons, games can get a bit more interesting once the room turns upside down or if the lights go off.
- Custom Maps: The Map Editor allows players to contribute content to the game by designing challenging dungeons of their own and share them with the player community.
- Engaging Events: Friendly team of GMs moderate an aggressive event schedule that rewards players for their accomplishments. Tournaments, challenges, and other events will occur daily from the PlayEnvy team.
- Ongoing Improvements: Cyanide and PlayEnvy are committed to bringing new and improved content to Dungeon Bandits. Players can expect regular content updates which will add new systems and dynamics to the game.