Console-Quality Jet Ski Racing Game Available on Tegra Zone, Android Market for $6.99
Vector Unit, an independent game developer dedicated to creating big game play experiences for mobile devices, announced that jet ski racer game Riptide GP is now available for purchase in the Android Market on Tegra Zone, exclusively for tablets and super phones powered by the NVIDIA Tegra super chip.
Riptide GP is an easy-to-pick-up, arcade jet ski racing experience with realistic wave physics and stunning graphics, ushering in a new era of console-quality titles on mobile devices. Designed from the ground up to take full advantage of Tegra’s dual-core CPU and GeForce GPU, Riptide GP features super-realistic water physics, real-time reflections, and gorgeous high-detail vehicles and environments.
Players stunt, boost and rocket their jet skis through twisting canals and rivers, futuristic cityscapes, and mysterious research facilities over an ever-changing torrent of unpredictable and undulating water.
· Designed specifically for mobile devices powered by NVIDIA Tegra
· Carve through 12 race courses across dynamic, ever changing water surfaces
· Grab massive air and perform dramatic stunts
· Unlock and master 6 screaming fast jet skis
· Alter the environment mid-race with interactive triggers
· 3 game modes: Race, Hot Lap and Championship
· Earn achievements, post to leaderboards, and race against your friends’ best split times with OpenFeint support
Matt Small, Creative Director at Vector Unit: “We’re fans of casual phone games, but the kinds of gameplay experiences we like to make are big, exciting, over the top 3D extravaganzas. Our goal with Riptide GP is to create a showpiece game that’s exciting to play and looks awesome – something you can show off to your friends to make them jealous of your new Tegra-powered tablet or super phone.”
Ashu Rege, Vice President of Game Content and Technology at NVIDIA: “Riptide GP is a great example of the new content and experiences NVIDIA Tegra is bringing to Android devices. Vector Unit, the team behind the popular Hydro Thunder Hurricane on Xbox 360, has brought the same outstanding gameplay, console-quality graphics and sheer fun to super phones and tablets with Tegra.”